Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest By Todd NeeleyDTN Staff ReporterOMAHA (DTN) — The Trump administration announced a second tranche of 2019 Market Facilitation Program payments on Friday. According to a USDA news release, payments will begin the week before Thanksgiving.MFP for 2019 is providing $14.5 billion in direct payments to producers, meaning the second tranche will be for about $7.8 billion.Under MFP2, USDA so far has paid out $6.69 billion to 564,181 producers. USDA reports the top five states for payments are Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, and Minnesota. The 2018 MFP paid out $8.6 billion to more than 1 million farmers.Producers of MFP-eligible commodities will now be eligible to receive 25% of the total payment expected, in addition to the 50% they have already received from the 2019 MFP.“This second tranche of 2019 MFP payments, along with already provided disaster assistance, will give farmers, who have had a tough year due to unfair trade retaliation and natural disasters, much needed funds in time for Thanksgiving,” U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue said in a news release.“President Trump has shown time and again that he is fighting for America’s farmers and ranchers. While we continue to have confidence in the president’s negotiations with China, this money shows President Trump following through on his promise to help and support farmers as he continues to fight for fair market access.”MFP signup at Farm Service Agency offices will run through Dec. 6, 2019.Payments will be made by FSA to producers of alfalfa hay, barley, canola, corn, crambe, dried beans, dry peas, extra-long staple cotton, flaxseed, lentils, long-grain and medium-grain rice, millet, mustard seed, oats, peanuts, rapeseed, rye, safflower, sesame seed, small and large chickpeas, sorghum, soybeans, sunflower seed, temperate japonica rice, triticale, upland cotton and wheat.MFP assistance is based on a single county payment rate multiplied by a farm’s total plantings of MFP-eligible crops in aggregate in 2019, according to the USDA news release. Per-acre payments are not dependent on which crops are planted in 2019. A producer’s total payment-eligible plantings cannot exceed total 2018 plantings. County payment rates range from $15 to $150 per acre, depending on the effects of trade retaliation in that county.According to USDA, dairy producers who were in business as of June 1, 2019, will receive a per hundredweight payment on Dairy Margin Coverage production history, and hog producers will receive a payment based on the number of live hogs owned on a day selected by the producer between April 1 and May 15, 2019.Acreage of non-specialty crops and cover crops had to be planted by Aug. 1, 2019, to be considered eligible for MFP payments.Per-acre non-specialty crop county payment rates, specialty-crop payment rates, and livestock payment rates are all currently available on www.farmers.gov.USDA said it may issue a third tranche of payments in January 2020, depending on market conditions as well as trade opportunities.MFP payments are limited to a combined $250,000 for non-specialty crops per person or legal entity, according to USDA. MFP payments are also limited to a combined $250,000 for dairy and hog producers and a combined $250,000 for specialty crop producers. No applicant can receive more than $500,000.According to USDA, eligible applicants must also have an average adjusted gross income for tax years 2015, 2016 and 2017 of less than $900,000 unless at least 75% of the person’s or legal entity’s AGI is derived from farming, ranching, or forestry -related activities. Applicants must also comply with the provisions of the Highly Erodible Land and Wetland Conservation regulations.Farmers who filed a prevented planting claim and planted an FSA-certified cover crop with the potential to be harvested, qualify for a $15-per-acre payment.For more information on MFP payments go tohttp://www.farmers.gov/…Todd Neeley can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.orgFollow him on Twitter @toddneeleyDTN(CZ/SK)© Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
Lariba was the Philippines’ flag bearer in the 2016 Rio Olympics wherein she competed in the table tennis event. Lariba was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia in May 2017 but was eventually discharged on Oct.23 after undergoing a successful stem cell transplant on Oct. 7.READ: Rio Olympian Ian Lariba diagnosed with leukemiaFEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutLariba said she has also started to experience blurring of vision and weakness of the left side of her body. She is undergoing chemotherapy and will need multiple laboratory examinations and blood transfusions.“I appeal to your kind hearts for any assistance that you can give to help me with my fight against this disease,” said Lariba in a statement La Salle released. “I also humbly ask for your prayers so I may overcome this challenge. Thank you.” View comments 2 ‘newbie’ drug pushers fall in Lucena sting NEXT BLOCK ASIA 2.0 introduces GURUS AWARDS to recognize and reward industry influencers Read Next READ: Athletes unite for ailing Lariba DLSU Sports tweeted that those whore are interested in sending financial aid to Lariba’s way may send their donations to Ian N. Lariba, BDO savings account number: 0045-8045-9965 in the bank’s branch at Vito Cruz along Taft Avenue.Those interested to provide financial assistance may send their donations to IAN N. LARIBA, BDO savings account number: 0045-8045-9965, Vito Cruz, Taft branch.Please also be informed that she cannot accommodate hospital visitors at the moment.#KayaMoYAN pic.twitter.com/Okzn4zHHvx— DLSU Sports (@dlsusports) January 25, 2018ADVERTISEMENT Philippines’ Ian Lariba hits a shot in her women’s singles qualification round table tennis match at the Riocentro venue during the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro on August 6, 2016. / AFP PHOTO / Juan MabromataOlympian Ian Lariba is once again asking for assistance as she continues her fight against leukemia, which has now spread to her brain and spinal cord.The table tennis star revealed via a statement on DLSU Sports Twitter that the cancer has returned. She suffered bouts of headache and vomiting on the first week of January which prompted her to return to St. Luke’s Medical Center.ADVERTISEMENT Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Slow and steady hope for near-extinct Bangladesh tortoises Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Change of atmosphere could do wonders for Lady Warriors Globe Business launches leading cloud-enabled and hardware-agnostic conferencing platform in PH LATEST STORIES Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games PLAY LIST 00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC MOST READ John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding read more
Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess View comments Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial said the national team would have morning practices on Mondays and Thursdays during the two months.Gilas head coach Yeng Guiao requested for everyday practices as the World Cup draws closer, but with the playoffs for the Commissioner’s Cup set for August, the training schedule has yet to be finalized.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“We’ll still talk about the schedule for August because that’d be the semifinals and the finals,” said Marcial in Filipino Thursday at Cuneta Astrodome. “Coach Yeng can use the players from the 10 teams that did not qualify in the finals but as far as the complete attendance, we’ll still have to discuss it.”“Nonetheless, the Board gave its full support for the national team.” Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netMANILA, Philippines—Gilas Pilipinas is set for twice-a-week practices from June to July in preparation for the 2019 Fiba World Cup in Foshan.The PBA Board of Governors unanimously voted to approve Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas’ proposal presented by its president Al Panlilio during a meeting at the PBA Office in Libis.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew LATEST STORIES PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MOST READ Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Marcial added that the core team that played in the last window of the Fiba World Cup Asian Qualifiers was retained for the showdown in China in September.The national team is set to travel to Russia on August 20 to play there for “two to three days,” and also bring some Russian teams to the Philippines to play scrimmages against.There’s also a proposal to include the Clevaland Cavalier’s Jordan Clarkson and Arizona State’s Remy Martin to the lineup.ADVERTISEMENT Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles PBA D-League: SMDC-NU rallies from 19 down to end CEU’s unbeaten streak Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated read more