Citation: Dropbox IPO aiming to raise $748 mn (2018, March 12) retrieved 18 July 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2018-03-dropbox-ipo-aiming-mn.html Explore further The company plans to sell 36 million shares of Class A stock at between $16 and $18, bringing in as much as $648 million, according to the filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.As a result, the IPO will be among the largest tech market debuts since Snap in March of 2017.Dropbox also plans a $100 million sale of stock to the venture capital arm of Salesforce, according to the filing.According to a Bloomberg calculation, the transaction would value Dropbox at $7.1 billion, less than its $10 billion value during a prior private capital raising effort in 2014.The company first confidentially filed for an IPO at the start of the year.The company is currently losing money. While it claims to have 500 million users in 180 countries, it posted only 11 million paying clients at the end of last year. Dropbox files for public stock offering of $500 mln (Update) This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. Drew Houston, founder and chief executive officer of Dropbox, which aims to raise nearly $750 million through an initial public offering © 2018 AFP Cloud data service Dropbox aims to raise as much as $748 million through its initial public offering and a private sale of stock, according to an updated securities registration filed Monday.
Mahathir raises ‘remote takeover’ theory in MH370 mystery Citation: MH370 search under review, may be scrapped: Mahathir (2018, May 23) retrieved 18 July 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2018-05-mh370-scrapped-mahathir.html Explore further Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared in March 2014 with 239 people onboard while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing The Malaysia Airlines jet disappeared in March 2014 with 239 mostly Chinese people onboard while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.No sign of the plane was found in a 120,000 square kilometre (46,000 square mile) sea search zone and the Australian-led hunt, the largest in aviation history, was suspended in January last year.The former Malaysian government struck a “no find, no fee” deal with exploration firm Ocean Infinity to resume the search in an area north of the original zone, that scientists now believe is the likeliest crash site.The search restarted in January and Ocean Infinity stands to make as much as $70 million if the jet is found.However Malaysia’s new government, which came to power after a surprise election victory on May 9, said they may not continue the deal.”We are reviewing the contract,” Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad told reporters after chairing his first cabinet meeting since the poll.”We may terminate it if it’s not useful.”The new administration has said the country’s finances are in bad shape partly due to allegations that billions of dollars were looted from a state fund by ousted leader Najib Razak and his cronies. Najib is now being probed over his role in the scandal. He denies any wrongdoing.Mahathir announced Wednesday that members of the cabinet would have their base salaries cut by 10 percent to demonstrate the government was concerned about the nation’s finances.Mahathir’s coalition, the Pact of Hope, unseated the once-powerful Barisan Nasional, which had ruled the country uninterrupted for 61 years. © 2018 AFP The hunt for missing flight MH370 is being reviewed and may be scrapped, Malaysia’s prime minister said Wednesday, as the country’s new government seeks cuts in public spending. This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. read more
tourism and leisure SHARE March 08, 2019 SHARE SHARE EMAIL COMMENT The Hyderabad-based Dream Valley Group and the Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (APEDB) on Friday signed a memorandum of understanding at Amaravati for taking up several projects to boost the tourism sector and build a robust hospitality and luxury living ecosystem in the state, according to a press release.The Dream Valley Group has proposed a five-star golf resort at Visakhapatnam or Amaravathi, a beach Resort at Yarada beach in Visakhapatnam or Machilipatnam in Krishna district, an adventure park at Gandikota or Araku (Visakhapatnam district), a yacht or house boat at Papikondalu or Konaseema river belt or Kolleru lake, a wildlife tourism project at Maredumilli or Sri Venkateswara National Park or Alluri Sitaramaraju Forest in Prakasam District and Kurnool District.The group in association with the AP government will work towards making these places more accessible to domestic and international tourists.Santosh Reddy, the chairman of the group, has said,“We are extremely delighted to partner with AP Economic Development Board to build tourism and hospitality sector projects in the state. Our efforts are focused towards supporting the State’s vision to provide world-class hospitality experience to tourists.” Andhra Pradesh Published on COMMENTS read more
Published on March 29, 2019 SHARE SHARE SHARE EMAIL COMMENT Delhi The Supreme Court on Friday granted two more months to the Special Investigation Team to complete its probe into 186 cases of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.A bench comprising Justices SA Bobde and S Abdul Nazeer extended the time after the SIT informed it that more than 50 per cent of the work has been done and it wanted two more months to complete the investigation.The apex court also issued notice to parties on a plea by petitioner S Gurlad Singh Kahlon, a member of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee, seeking inquiry into role of 62 policemen named in the riots.The apex court had on January 11 last year constituted the SIT headed by former Delhi High Court judge Justice S N Dhingra and comprising retired IPS officer Rajdeep Singh and serving IPS officer Abhishek Dular to supervise further probe into the 186 riots cases, in which closure reports had been filed earlier.However, the SIT presently has only two members as Singh had declined to be a part of the team on “personal grounds”.The top court had appointed the three-member SIT after the Ministry of Home Affairs and counsel for petitioner S G S Kahlon arrived at a consensus with regard to the persons who could be appointed in the fresh SIT.Large-scale riots had broken out in the national capital following the assassination of the then prime minister Indira Gandhi by her two Sikh security guards on October 31, 1984. The violence had claimed 2,733 lives in Delhi alone.The court had said the previous SIT did not carry out further probe into the 186 cases and had directed setting up of a fresh SIT comprising a former high court judge and two police officers.Justice Dhingra, who had retired from the Delhi High Court, had dealt with several high-profile cases including the 2001 Parliament Attack case as a trial judge. As the judge of the trial court, he had dealt with many of the 1984 riot cases, and his verdicts had resulted in conviction in 16 cases.On August 16, 2017, the apex court had appointed a supervisory panel to examine the earlier SIT’s decision to close 241 cases. The Centre had said that out of 250 riots cases which were probed by that SIT, closure reports were filed in 241. It had said some cases were still being investigated by the SIT, and two by the CBI.The earlier SIT was headed by Pramod Asthana, an IPS officer of 1986 batch, and comprised retired district and sessions judge Rakesh Kapoor and additional deputy commissioner of the Delhi Police Kumar Gyanesh.Kahlon had told the court that a total of 293 riot-related cases were taken up for scrutiny by the earlier SIT which later decided to close 199 of them. Kahlon had sought the top court’s direction for setting up another SIT to ensure speedy justice to the riot victims. courts and legal unrest, conflicts and war COMMENTS read more
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday unveiled campaign themes and other materials of the party’s election campaign, with “Phir ek baar, Modi sarkar (Modi government, once more)” as the tag line. File photo – REUTERS Published on COMMENTS ‘Muslims should not waste their votes on Congress’ A party statement said members of its parliamentary board, the BJP’s apex body, will be present on the occasion BJP, Congress theme songs add to political din Elections 2019 SHARE SHARE EMAIL RELATED SHARE April 08, 2019 The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) will release its manifesto for the Lok Sabha polls scheduled to start from April 11 on Monday, with issues of development and national security set to be its key highlights.Top party leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi and its chief Amit Shah, will be present at the launch of the manifesto, described by the BJP as its “sankalp patra”.A party statement said members of its parliamentary board, the BJP’s apex body whose members include Modi, will be present on the occasion.With the Congress manifesto putting major thrust on welfare measures, including a promise of giving Rs 72,000 to the poorest 20 per cent households in India, the ruling party is likely to make a slew of promises to woo different sections of the society, especially farmers, youth and women, besides the downtrodden.Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday unveiled campaign themes and other materials of the party’s election campaign, with “Phir ek baar, Modi sarkar (Modi government, once more)” as the tag line.Click here for more information on Elections 2019 BJP COMMENT read more